Epsilon Xi Chapter Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville

Alpha Phi International

Alpha Phi International Fraternity was founded at Syracuse University in 1872 as one of the first Greek societies for women. Alpha Phi is dedicated to promoting sisterhood, cutlivating leadership, encouraging intellectual curiosity and advocating service. The organization is comprised of 170 collegiate chapters and 135 alumnae chapters throughout the United States and Canada.

Some Alpha Phi firsts include:
- 1886: became the first women's fraternity in America to build and occupy its own chapter house
- 1894: became the first women's fraternity to use "traveling delegates," now known as Educational Leadership Consultants
- 1902: called the first inter-sorority meeting that resulted in the formation of the association now known as the National Panhellenic Conference
- 1905: had a member, Frances E. Willard, recognized by the U.S. Congress who placed a statue of her in the Statuary Hall in the U.S. Capitol, the first woman to be so recognized
- 1995: became the first NPC international member to have a site on the World Wide Web
- 2006: became the first women's fraternity to develop a values-based leadership institute for emerging leaders based on women's developmental leadership theories
- 2008: joined the social media revolution by becoming the first NPC member to produce an educational podcast
- Since founding to present: continuously recognized women in history. See and hear about some of these amazing ladies and more about Alpha Phi International history here.